Thursday, August 29, 2019

#1 Reflection (ym)

  I will be writing this Reflective Blog every week, for me to be able to look them over at the end of the semester to observe my progress as a Global Scholar, and a learner in general. Here, for my first reflective blog, I would like to write about some of my general thoughts. ◡̈⃝

  Firstly, about the quote we were discussing on Thursday. I personally think that there are two different types of learning. 1. Having opposing arguments among people I think that having two or more different arguments is the time and opportunity when you can realize that there are actually other opinions, and that there are different ways of thinking about the topic. 2. Actively listening and being taught Actively listening from a professor or even your classmate, is definitely another way to learn. Honestly, I learned a lot throughout our first week of classes by actively listening to what the professors say and what thoughts my classmates have. However, at the same time, there are times when you need to take risk as a learner. There needs to be a balance between the time of actively listening and speaking up for opinions. I think presenting your opinions is the great chance to hear feedbacks, which will connect to a deeper learning.

  As an International student who is in this learning environment, I feel that I am a risk taker. The quality of discussions, thoughts and opinions, the critical thinking skills etc… in this program, is definitely special from any other programs in this university. And I feel that I am not being able to reach that level, and being behind from all of the other classmates. However, I am definitely learning a lot by listening to the fruitful discussions the class creates, and it is very exciting and interesting. I think I am in this learning process of trying to reach the level of my other classmates, so that I can participate in discussions and debates by actually presenting my thoughts.

     This became a really long blog, and more like a diary, but I am so honored to be a part of this Global Scholars Program. I have the greatest learning community that I am always stimulated, and reminded that I need to work and try my hardest at all times. And I hope that I can grow up as a learner throughout the fruitful three years we will be learning together. To all of the readers who have read this whole blog entry, I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart. ◡̈⃝

No comments:

Post a Comment