Thursday, December 5, 2019

#15 Final Reflection (ym)

     Originally, I was not planning to do an overall reflection about this course. But then... I was getting kind of emotional and everything... so... (if my memory is working), I am going to reflect my 15 weeks of World Politics during the fall semester 2019.

     I remember the first day of class when I walked into the classroom being really really nervous. The fact that I am a part of the Global Scholars Program, the fact that I have a different style of the World Politics class which I thought it required so many skills, made me so nervous that I was even scared for the first few weeks (actually months) of the semester.

     Although I did not really speak up during class, I truly learned a lot by listening to my classmates speak their thoughts and opinions. Not only the thoughts, but how they develop their arguments from picking up specific elements from the reading that we were assigned, and how they apply their arguments to the real world in the International society today. Specifically, the class was not only about the ideas of World Politics and the major school of thoughts, but it was much more about the significant factors in order to discuss World Politics (which I might discuss in the final essay). If I ask myself if I grew up during this semester, I cannot answer a straight "Yes" in terms of speaking up during class. It will take me a much longer time in order to quickly develop some effective arguments to share with the class. However, reflecting these blog posts, I want to believe that I am somehow writing a better post compared to the first few weeks of the semester. One of the important things I have learned throughout this course, is the unlimited opportunities we have in order to learn what we want to learn. The topics we discussed in class and some of the blog questions made me think a lot and actually made me research in my own time to deepen my understanding about those topics, which I feel what a true learner does.

     Starting off with the day when we discussed the difference between "global affairs", "international relations", and "world politics", to the day when we played Diplomatic Risk, to the day when we played the simulations, to the day when we had the "fishbowls", group discussions, and debates...
I remember the excitement and nervousness feeling at the same time on Mondays and Thursdays 9:45-11:00. I cannot thank Professor Jackson enough for all of the supports throughout the semester; I could not go through without it. Also, thank you to everyone in the program who really motivated and stimulated me to do my best in class. I can say out loud that joining the Global Scholars Program was not a mistake. I am happy that I was able to learn with this group, and I think I am "wealthy".

No comments:

Post a Comment