Saturday, December 7, 2019

Reflection #15

This is my final reflection, and I am very sad about that fact. I have greatly enjoyed this class and the content we have covered. I have learned many new things, and I learned to open up and actually participate in the conversations.

I was a bit scared to enter this class, I was intimidated by all the other people in my group, they all had these impressive biographies and seemed so prepared. In the first couple of classes, some voices sounded louder than others and that was intimidating. The readings were also difficult for me to properly understand in the beginning, they were interesting, yet I had trouble focusing on the content and retaining the information. After the first couple of classes came and went, I was able to properly understand this class. As more and more of the readings went by, and we did more discussions on them, I started being able to understand more of what was being discussed, and my participation went up. I was having more fun not just being in the class, but interacting with my fellow peers.

One of the ways that this was helped, was this class having such a great teacher who was open to questions and was able to figure out just what a student was trying to say but may have had trouble articulating themselves. While we went on tangents a lot of the time, I had a lot of fun with those too, since it let many people contribute to the conversation and also learn or think about a new topic.

Not just in the classroom, but after hours? One of the best things. I would have friends talking about what went on and all that was discussed and how they love going to office hours. I also had a lot of fun in office hours, especially discussing tea and music, and in our most recent talk, morality. There is a reason that your office has a line to speak with you.

I will be very sad after our last risk game, as that means we won't have class with you anymore (unless we take a graduate class). Either way, I hope to enjoy my last game of risk, and also still visit your office hours.

Thank you so much for a great semester,
- Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment