Saturday, November 2, 2019

Happy Halloween! Ps Halloween is my favorite holiday


This week has been incredibly exciting. It started off with the different articles we were reading and how we shared information on Monday. I really enjoyed standing up, walking around and writing our ideas on the board. I feel like I learned a lot more about the different security papers than if we had an open forum discussion with the class. Along with that it was less intimidating, however, our discussion on Thursday was also thoroughly enjoyable. Maybe it was because people were dressed up so it felt less serious or perhaps I could relate more to this article in the sense that the media is an issue which I understand quite a lot about. Either way when I contributed it was the first time where I felt like my point was heard as well as understood by the class. Nevertheless, I do want to expand on my comment by saying more primary sources is just a piece of the solution since accounts from primary sources can be varied or nonsensical. The solution to creating truth in the media will require a multi-pronged approach.
Besides our time in class, I was informed that I will no longer need to babysit on Tuesdays which is relieving because now I have more time in the week to get things done. Wednesdays I babysat as usual and the little boy was wearing his new D.C. United hoodie along with his new red shoes. He was so excited for Halloween and continued to explain to me what was going to happen along with the fact that he would be eating pizza for dinner (which is his favorite food). These simple occurrences brought him so much joy, but I honestly could not relate to him. And it has come to my attention recently that sometimes adults and even our peers have this belief that people always have to be “happy”, oftentimes I hear people say “oh so-and-so was such a happy child whatever happened to them…”, well people grow up and learn more about this insane world we live in. Obviously this is a very harsh and crude way to see the world, but it is realistic. The little boy I babysit does not have to worry about the same things I do and he should not have too, but it was sad to realize that having the veil against responsibilities and problems would soon be removed for him. It is harder to stay happy when there is such a large weight of responsibilities and worries that accompanies growing up, but when the times of bliss and happiness do come I have learned to hold onto them for as long as possible.
Thursday and Friday I was very busy. I literally had to run from class to get to my dorm so I could change and leave for my destination and Friday I had to do that 4 times! It was worth it, but still kind of intense haha. Saturday I went to the Nationals parade with my friends and it was fun. Even though I did not have the best view of the parade I still had a really good time. Tomorrow, Sunday, is going to be a work day. I will just be chilling and getting work done so if anyone wants to join I will most likely be on the 3rd floor of SIS with my headphones in.
                              
Wow, survived another week of college!


No comments:

Post a Comment