Sunday, November 3, 2019

Reflection #10 TEA

For this week's reflection, I'd like to talk about tea - my tea.
As many people may know, I am a bit of a tea fanatic, I even have a drawer full of tea in my room. I have 20 different types of tea, all for different occasions. There may be certain etiquette to when and why to drink certain teas, but I have my own ways of drinking tea and when that will be explained in this blog. 

1. The most known but delicious teas I have are back teas. I personally have four types of black tea, all with a different meaning. If I am looking for a quick pick-me-up, I go for my basic cheap black tea and just gulp it down. If I am feeling fancy or I want to have a bit of fun with my tea, I have my funky black tea, that I drink with sweetened condensed milk or milk and spices. I also have my lovely Earl Grey that I either drink plain or with lemon (and mint if I can get it). The third is my flavored black tea, black tea infused with currants, raspberry or other types of berries (only drink this type of tea with berries, other fruits won't taste as good). This is my "I want caffeine but I also want to relax" tea, and it's usually a Russian brand. The final is the most delicious type, and the most expensive. It is my delicious black tea, even the dried tea itself is beautiful and full of colors - this tea must be enjoyed with no other additives.

2. The second type of tea I have is my fruit teas. While I just raved about black tea, fruit tea is my favorite type. I have more fruit tea than any other tea. Fruit tea is great for any occasion, especially when you just want a refreshing drink in the middle of the day. While berry-based fruit teas are delicious, I have two fruit teas that I absolutely love, apple and sour fruit teas. Apple tea is one of the best teas out there. The only problem I have with it is that it is difficult to get in the US, and only Turkish people seem to properly make it. It is a tea I savor when I get the opportunity to drink it. Sour tea may sound weird, but it does make sense. Teas like rosehip aren't necessarily sweet, but they react really well when looking to drink something refreshing.

3. The third type of tea I have is what I like to call calming teas, or herbal teas. Whenever I am sick, I need to digest or just relax, I go for these types of teas. One of the teas I have is chamomile, which many people like, but it is actually one of my least favorites (I have too many memories of drinking it while sick). My favorite calming teas are green teas or mint teas. I am a Russian, so those teas feel amazing after a heavy meal. These teas are smooth and don't have a heavy taste, which makes you want to appreciate them all the more.

I have some other miscellaneous teas in my collection, but the three types mentioned are the most important. I hope someone reading this learns something new about tea, or just learns to appreciate tea some more.

Have fun drinking tea,
- Eli

2 comments:

  1. Dear Eli,

    This was a brilliant post. I am also a tea lover, but not an active tea lover. I am a big fan of mint tea, and teas in which you add milk, like chai tea, which i feel hilarious saying after spending time in India. When people say chai tea, they are literally saying tea tea because 'chai' is the Hindi word for tea.

    Tea also gives me good memories with my grandma. She taught me how to drink tea without sugar, and how to sip it so that you experience the flavor. We would also have different teas for different occasions.I use to think fruit teas were strange, but now I feel otherwise. I appreciate them more when I actually drink them. Have you ever thought about making your own tea? Have you ever been to Teavana?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have dreamed of making tea, but I think I would just make more fruit combinations. Teavana is cool, but expensive :(, so I get it from side stores!

    ReplyDelete