Sunday, November 17, 2019

Saturday was supercalifragilisticexpealidocious


This week has been pretty chill. World Politics started off the week with a class in the sky lounge which was interesting. My team and I were able to get a lot of work done which was good and I’m excited to see how this simulation will go. I had to quickly depart in order to get to a financial aid meeting which was very fruitful. Our next class session returned to usual, we had a discussion about the book we are reading. I felt as though our discussion was very insightful and one of the best ones we have had. There was not a huge amount of repetition of ideas and I think people are becoming more comfortable disagreeing with other people’s points of view. I do want to quickly touch upon something I thought of after class. I find that often times we have an excellent discussion going and in the tail end of class there are quite a few people who finally work up the confidence or develop a point they want to bring up to the class and they see this as their only opportunity. I believe we should pose any questions which go beyond the scope of the reading at the beginning of class. This way it will allow people to develop and form stronger connections as well as points in response to the question. At the end of class does not provide enough time to adequately respond, I do understand that maybe these questions do not come to the questioner until the discussion has brought them about, but I believe if we are to have an intelligent discussion then it is best that class questions are posed at the beginning. I thoroughly enjoyed both classes and am excited to see what next week will bring.
Besides World Politics all my other classes have been going well. I no longer have to babysit on Tuesdays so now I have a bit more free time to do work and to work out. I decided to spend this Tuesday going on a nice 5 mile run on the trials through Glover Archibald Park. It was cold so I ran hard. The trail was gorgeous and I stopped twice to take pictures. I ran until all I could do was focus on my breath and put one foot in front of the other. That is my goal when I run, to be going so hard that I can no longer think of anything else. It helps clear my head and enables me to accomplish more once I get back. I personally need to have music BLASTING whenever I listen to it. When I returned to my room I was in the mood for some 2000s bops, I was singing, jumping around, and dancing. All of the sudden my roommate walks in and starts laughing, apparently my music (and singing) could be heard down the hall and some people were wondering what was going on. Later that evening I went to the Clairo concert which was amazing! The rest of the week was good, I did not have to babysit Wednesday which was nice since then I was able to prepare for my Thursday and Friday classes since those days are insanely busy for me. I babysat on Friday and that was so fun! The little girl is the sweetest human being and never fails to make me laugh or smile. Saturday was probably one of my favorite days since I have been at AU. I went to Target, then watched the sunset from the W Hotel, and finally I ate chipotle and watched instant family. Obviously I did not do it alone, the two people who you can always find me with were there as well. Sunday was a work day like usual.

I finally think I am getting a hang of this college rodeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment