Sunday, November 10, 2019

I love Target. It is amazing, don't @ me.


Wow another week has gone by. This week has been extremely intense and I think it was just the beginning of what is to come for the rest of the semester. I’m sure everyone is having an insane November. It seems to me like November is when the majority of the work has to be done. In World politics we did two readings this week. The first one lost me, I honestly made very little sense out of the article, however our group discussion helped me understand it more. That is the power of communication though, you may read something that completely goes over your head, but if you sit down and talk to someone the learning process is beong done in a different perspective. I realized I learn a lot better from comprehensive discussion than if I were to read or look over something on my own with no help. Our second class this week was very interesting as well as exciting. The article was very interesting and brought up a different perspective that I had no thought of, but makes complete sense. If a country is not wealthy, it is impossible for it to have autonomy. I believe our discussion was intriguing and well rounded, there were those who I think read too much into the conversation or were too caught up in the theoretical, but overall it was probably one of the livelier and relatable topics of discussion we have had. I quickly want to clarify a point I made about independence and parenting. The parenting analogy was only in terms of an individual scale; I do not think it can be converted to a large statewide scale. To convert the analogy, it would be more like overlord and serf. Less developed countries are not children, however they are taken advantage of and abused by the dominating developed countries. Money or aid that they do receive is given at a cost to their sovereignty since they must communicate with the lender about where the money is going or what they plan to do with it. The choice is not theirs, just as it was not when they were colonized and are now suffering from the horrible conditions they were left to deal with.

Besides world politics, my week has been hectic in my other classes. I have a lot of writing to do for my writing class, who would have thought. Chinese is also going well, but this chapter is extremely difficult for me. We are learning about dates and how to properly say them and for some reason I am struggling with the characters used. Everything is going to be ok though. I babysat on Wednesday and then had my usual busy Thursday and Friday. This weekend has been very fun and a great way to end off this week. Friday was a hard day for me and my two best friends here made me feel better even though they did not know anything was going on. Friends are so important and truly can make a difference in your mood. Finding friends who have good auras and bring strong, healthy energy into your life are ones that will last forever. I was able to stop by the new target in Tenley town on Saturday and it was decent. They had a fabulous selection of decorations, however their grocery section was not up to my expectations. I did not get a chance to look at their clothing section, but they had a very big and good “life necessities” selection. I bought Christmas decorations and have already decorated my door hehe! I know thanksgiving has not even hit yet, but I love Christmas and I do not like Thanksgiving. Also side note I usually do not decorate at home till after Thanksgiving or December 1st, but I wanted to make the most out of the money I spent on decorations, so they are up. I have attached a picture.

Anyways, survived another week of college, even though it is basically freezing now!

No comments:

Post a Comment