Sunday, October 27, 2019

#9 Reflection (ym)

     The simulation reminded me of Model United Nations. It has been a while since I have recently participated in a Model United Conference, so it was strange, but comparing different stances in each company was fun, and there were contradictions obviously. The point that was different from a Model United Conference, it that there were companies that were under the United States government as well as nonprofit organizations (NGOs). Because governments were involved in half of the groups, it was difficult for us to lead the discussion and incorporate both perspectives into one resolution paper; I think this is totally applicable to the world today.

     In terms of improvements, as we reflected over in class, we focused on the Nigerian perspective more than the United States perspective which was interesting, however as companies and organization from the United States, we should have thought from the United States perspective to benefit our country by involving in Nigeria. Also, I really hope for the next simulation, we get to type in the resolution paper and go through the voting process to decide our resolution for the simulation conference. As a representation of Lockheed Martin, I think we could have played a role to create a combined resolution paper between two different stances (one with the companies and the other with NGOs), and we were having conversations with both of the stances. I personally felt that Lockheed Martin had one of the key role in this simulation, and I wished we had more time for this simulation event.

     Although I have lots of improvements that I can make in my presentation (public speaking skills in general), I think the simulation prepared me in general for the future classes in World Politics. I think I am starting to be able to talk during class which I should, so I should challenge doing the rebuttal in the future debates...

No comments:

Post a Comment