Saturday, October 19, 2019

Reflection #8

For this week's reflection, I'd like to talk about my birthday. It went. I have a birthday that usually falls on a weekday (it won't when I turn 21), so I am usually busy with schoolwork. My friends were very nice and treated me well. To start off my day, I got myself a pumpkin bagel with pumpkin cream cheese, and it was a wonderful decision to make, anything pumpkin tastes good. I got a latte from Annie from the Dav, and it was lovely, especially since the class we had that day was great. After that, since Danielle knows I love pumpkin, treated me to a pumpkin frappuccino at Starbucks, and it was, of course, delicious, but very sweet. Then I went off on my own to my room, where I planned on doing homework, but being hyped on sugar and caffeine, I couldn't. I instead watched SNL's weekend update for an hour, and I am glad I did that, it was a treat to myself that wasn't physical. When my roommate came back from classes, she brought with her a pumpkin spice latte, yummy, and some sweets, also yummy. After my sisters got home from school, I was able to video call them and finally open the gifts that have been in my closet for days (it's bad luck in Russia to open birthday presents early). I got some lovely gifts from them. My mom got me a nice pack of socks, covered in cute pandas and sparkles, and some earrings I have been looking forward to on Etsy. My youngest sister gave me some cute gold clips to use as I grow out my hair, they were actually super cool. My other sister gave me a bonsai starter kit that had multiple seeds. I started the germination process that day too, and a day later I planted a few of them that were ready. Later that evening, my floormate Adira baked me a cake, which was very nice of her, and it was a good cake. I took a bit of it, and then gave the rest to the people on Letts, to share my cake.

It was in a way, a very normal birthday, I just lived the day and enjoyed myself...and I swore. I don't swear at all because it bothers my sister, I use words like Frick and Heck instead, yet because people asked me to do it, I swore. It was a strange experience, but people seemed to enjoy it.

- Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment