Sunday, October 27, 2019

I have no more money :)


The simulation we did in class was interesting. Other students mentioned that it was similar to MUN which I have never done before. I was honestly very nervous when I was making my presentation and figuring out what I needed to say in order to make the Initiative for Global Development seem like a viable solution for Nigeria. The process ended up being fun and once the presentation was over I realized that it actually was not too bad. However, after the rebuttal and during the deliberation period I do not think I have ever felt more flustered. It was really intense when people were beginning to raise their voices and the environment became one that I was uncomfortable in. Obviously the experience of discomfort was short lived since everyone calmed down and dispersed afterwards. I wish we could have just all worked together and imposed strong checks on each other in order to utilize all resources available to support Nigeria, but that would never happen in the real world. And of course the United States as an entity would have to evaluate the value in aiding Nigeria and at point the value is no longer worth it. Overall it was a great learning experience and I am glad it went pretty smoothly even though there was no resolution brought about.
The week itself was fine. I babysat Tuesday and Wednesday, went grocery shopping, and finished one of the face masks I had in my drawer. I loaded up on groceries, I have enough Progresso chicken noodle soup to last me a month and I am not complaining. Last week I had bought white liquid eyeliner so I experimented with it a bit and drew little cloud like shapes around my eyes, it was pretty cool and I might show up to class one day with cloud eyes. Saturday I went shopping in Georgetown I was able to purchase some vegan Doc Martens which I am in love with, they are so comfortable and I put ribbon in place of the laces…I am obsessed. There goes my Christmas present, I bought it 2 months early. Eventually a snack was in order and matcha soft serve was the chosen food. Unfortunately, I cannot eat food properly and spilled some on my white shirt. To end the day, one of the individuals I was with had some trouble navigating so we had a fun time metro hopping on the way home. Sunday I babysat as well and the little girl is the cutest human being ever! Her laugh is contagious and I always end up having so much fun while hanging out with her. Overall not too bad of a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment