Sunday, October 6, 2019

Topsy Turvy


Alright so I felt like Tuesday was Friday and Thursday was Monday. This week has been all over the place. I started off the week by preparing for my classes by outlining my week and all the assignments I had to do. I had quite a few readings to get done for my classes. I was particularly interested in the World Politics readings because I have learned that our in class discussions are truly enlightening. I know for a fact I understand the text after we thoroughly dissect it in class and look at various aspects of it. Personally I do not like reading complicated works because I believe simplicity is more efficient and will allow ideas to flow easily. However, I know that for the readings we had the authors had a slightly different linguistic style than we do today and therefore it is already complicated because they use a different writing style. Our in class discussions about liberalism have allowed me to form an idea of what it consists of. Both realism and liberalism rely on power and interest, however realism is primarily backed by strength and aggression whereas liberalism is more passive aggressive and founded in ideas about liberty and equality especially when those can be used or manipulated so the government or people can accomplish their pursuits.
Academically this week was not particularly grueling because I had a much better grasp on my schedule and I made good use of all the time available to me. On Wednesday it was my roommate’s birthday so I woke up early to get her the Pink Drink from Starbucks and bring her flowers. Her sister sent her a box of Georgetown cupcakes so we enjoyed those during the week, each cupcake was amazing and a respite from work or any troubles. A little something sweet can truly make a difference in your attitude or perspective. Later that evening I had my radio show which went smoothly. I had a few listeners and I am always so grateful for all the support I have received; it truly means a lot to me. During my show I gave a few shout outs to my listeners. A birthday shout out to my roommate and to my aunts who were listening in. But it became extremely awkward, I froze up and completely forgot one of their names and called them the wrong name. Turns out they filmed that part of my show and posted it on Facebook. I do not think I have ever been more mortified in my life hahaha! I proceeded to redirect to the show and play the next song and once it was over gave a shout out to my aunt using her correct name. The next day was my friend Anika’s birthday- I had also given her a pre-birthday shout out on my show- I brought her flowers and gave her a big hug, wishing her all the best now that she was an adult. Friday my godfather and his wife arrived in DC to visit me and I had a wonderful dinner of pan seared Atlantic salmon with spinach and lentils. Obviously I was disappointed to not have been able to go to TDR, but I reassured myself that there would be plenty of time to go next week. I really enjoyed having them here this weekend; I did not realize how much I missed seeing familiar faces until I had to say good bye and I began to tear up. I am going to see them again for thanksgiving though since home is too far away I will be going to New York to stay with them. Having eaten delicious food this weekend, my soul is replenished and happy. I also was able to go grocery shopping with them and I decided I am going to make some broccoli soup this week. My mom usually makes homemade soup and I feel like it is a perfect time to make some. Overall I had a funky, but delightful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment