Sunday, October 13, 2019

Aliens are real.


This week was good, extremely hectic, but good. I did a lot this week it always blows my mind how much I am able to accomplish in a short time period. I had class on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday this past week ye I feel like every day was packed. Academically I completed my work, but I think what exhausted me the most was how much I was walking around and interacting with people. I met up with quite a few friends which was amazing and I cannot wait to recap it in my reflection, but first during our Monday class I had a little thought I wanted to share. Thinking about nothing is hard. I look at the clock and think high school musical. I look at my computer and think about all the tasks and assignments I need to accomplish. If I look outside I begin to think about fall, the weather and walking. There is so much going on in my head that it is hard to tell it to be quiet. I am always going a million miles a minute and it usually takes a full hour of yoga to get me to think solely about my breath flowing through my body. Anyways I had a typical beginning of my week, but Wednesday I met up with a friend of mine who is attending GW, we got lunch and walked around DC for a bit. I returned to my dorm and needed a nap, but I finished all my assignments and then allowed myself to finally rest. Friday, I made breakfast on the North side of Letts with my roommate and two other public health scholars and it was delicious, we had eggs, potatoes and of course hot sauce. Afterwards my roommate and I decided to bike down to Georgetown where I bought a shirt because the day had become so hot. We were walking through Georgetown and happened upon a cat café, we decided to go in and check it out. It was AMAZING! 10/10 recommend going to one, it is the cutest and most wholesome experience you will ever have, unless there is a puppy café which I would prefer (so if any of you knows of one please let me know). Once our time was up we proceeded toward the water and stopped at boxed and wired. I got a razzmatazz cupcake and iced chaider, the cupcake was divine as well as the chaider. It was my first time trying chaider and it is tied with pumpkin spice lattes for my favorite fall beverage. We returned to the dorm and I took a long nap. Saturday my friend flew in from Texas to visit her brother so I met her for lunch, except she gave me the wrong address…it all worked out though hahaha. Her energy is so chaotic that taking a nap after seeing her was inevitable. Sunday I visited my cousin in Baltimore. He was touring Johns Hopkins so I took the train up to see him. We made a build a bear and it was so fun. I completely forgot how much joy making those stuffed animals brings me. We also had delicious lobster rolls and then walked around inner harbor the rest of the time.

I just quickly want to touch on something that our Thursday class made me think of. The possibility of aliens. Honestly I 100% believe there are other life forms out there. We literally have no clue about the extent of space, and I do not believe we are the only ones spinning around in this black ink which surrounds us. I hope though if we ever do find other life forms or they find us that we will be peaceful. I do not want our first interaction with the unknown to be violent or aggressive and I hope they feel the same way. An alien friend would be nice to have if one day we ever meet them.

No comments:

Post a Comment