Sunday, October 13, 2019

Reflection #7

For my reflection this week, I'd like to talk about my travels this weekend, and by travels I mean the traveling itself not where I went to. My travels started off with me all set to go on the bus to the metro, when I realized that I had forgotten my passport and wallet, so I had to walk all the way back. When I arrived at my dorm, it turns out I had forgotten to put away the dishes that I had washed earlier in the day - so I had to do that. Taking the wonk bus to the metro wasn't too bad, and neither was the metro ride to union station (other than almost falling over). Getting a ticket to the train was a bit of a heart attack. The train I needed was set to leave in ten minutes, and I didn't know where to get a ticket. Luckily, a nice guy helped me out and I managed to get on an express train to BWI. One thing I didn't realize, was that me arriving so late, meant that there were no seats for me, so I had to stand the whole way over to the airport. At the airport, I forgot that I had packed my hair products into my carry in, so I had to check my bag in and go through security again....after another heart attack of forgetting where I put my ticket.

The way back was much smoother. I didn't forget anything (I hope), I had all my cards, and I got there on time. After I landed, people were so helpful helping me find the shuttle to the train station. And on the shuttle, this nice guy named Travis showed me which stop I needed to take and how to get the train ticket. Even my Uber driver to my dorm was nice! Either way, I am so glad that the way back was smoother, less mental stress.

- Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment